BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Spring is Coming! Spring is Coming!!



It was a long and wonderful day in Delaware yesterday - successful projects, good food and especially good friends!!  The day was long, but the warm feelings in my heart accompanied me on the ride home.  With reassurance from Pete, our Toyota sales friend, about the news stories related to recall, I put on the Fairy Magic music and drove off into the sunset!!
When I arrived home, there on the kitchen table sat a gift from my special guy!  There were two packages of zinnia seeds.  He had been to Lowe's to pick up some 'stuff' for his work, and the seeds were already in the store and on the racks!  These are some of our favorites - not to mention the favorites of the finches and the butterflies and even hummingbirds!  In eager anticipation of what is to come, he brought these home and is talking of starting some in the house within the month!
We have been noticing that the days are getting longer, the smell of Spring in the air, and well, dreaming and hoping of the changes coming. For PhotoSchmoozer, there is no better time than Spring!  It is a time to renew and refresh.  I go out and find old friends coming back to spend the summer and nothing makes me happier!  Today Bill and I walked to the lake with the bright sun shining in our faces and the temps in the 40s.  Sonia Choquette tells us to go out and share a walk with a friend!!  We met Nora from across town.  She drives over to walk by the lake. She wondered if she had met me before but I said, "NO, but let's introduce ourselves so that when we meet again, we will remember one another."    Tomorrow more and better is to come and the fun of it is that we don't yet know what it is!!  Oh JOY!!

No comments: