BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Becoming Clear Little By Little


Woke up this morning feeling less than joyful and wondering WHY?  As I searched for a clearer understanding (maybe my glasses need washing for a brighter vision?!?) I thought about  possibilities: cold and winter, waiting for Bill's healing to progress so we can get out and about with less challenges, the lack of connections in my work situation, Jon's living in Japan and then, as synchronicities will preset themselves, I signed on to read my email and there was a posting from Gretchen for the Happiness Project!  There was definitely a clear message that"well being is attained little by little."  IF I want things to be different, hey, who is responsible and do I need it to happen all at once!  Rationally I know that this is definitely true.  Emotionally it is a tad more of a challenge to take that little step and know that these are building blocks for the life that makes me feel best!  What will I do differently today?  Well, I am going to watch Wayne Dyer's movie, The Shift and I know there will be messages.  Then I checked his blog today and what did I discover??  Wayne was talking about a new book by Jorge Cruise - The Belly Fat Cure. It was all about SUGAR!!  Oh my, I know about how that affects me!?!?!  Reading Wayne's words (which I share here is yet another clear message about LITTLE BY LITTLE and what I need to do:
 I had been harboring the notion, the excuse, that my 17 pounds of belly fat would be very difficult if not impossible to get rid of. After all, time had put it there! I decided to test my excuse by reducing my sugar intake down to about 20 grams a day. In 30 days, that 17 pounds had melted off my waist. And it wasn’t all that hard to do.
 The fact is we can do this with anything—from belly fat to any excuse-bound situation that is blocking our health and/or happiness. Once I decided to believe that I could release the weight that had accumulated around my middle, I let it go. As Henry Ford said, “Whether you believe you can or believe you can’t, you’re right.” Why not believe you can?"
Enough said - the sun is shining, there are always joyful anticipations in life and it's time for me to move on...little by little.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: