BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Monday, January 11, 2010

ENTHUSIASM!!!


"Exuberance carries us places we would not otherwise go...and if we ourselves are not so exuberant we will, caught up by the contagious joy of those who are, be inclined collectively to go yonder."  Kay Redfield Jamison, Exuberance
Look at these faces - excited, enthusiastic and celebratory!  OK, it is my son, Jon and his friend, Greg - they have known each other for eons and for a few years now, when Jon comes home from Japan to visit, they plan an excursion to Cape May for a meal at the Lobster House.  Of course, on the way, they get out their skateboards (and thankfully helmets and pads) and revisit every skateboard site from Roosevelt Park in Philadelphia to those along the Jersey shore from Barnegat to Cape May.  Why is this relevant today?  I read the quote from Jamison and thought about Jon and Greg and how life is to be lived and enjoyed!  They are mature and responsible yet they are engaged in their music and enjoying food and have a perfect balance to work and play.  We all need to learn lessons from these two!!  They are authentic and peaceful and living their life on purpose! 
There have been many times in my life, from the days of growing up, when my enthusiasm and exuberance have not been appreciated.  Some people enjoy being around me and value my energy level - others have told me that I am too loud and need to be more 'profesisonal'.  My question is what is there about me that is NOT professional when I have a joy and a passion for life and what I believe in and express it in my way???  If you choose to be cool and aloof and removed and consider that 'professional', then let that work for you, but don't impose on me how I need to be!  I am sure that there are many of you out there who could share similar comments and experiences.  My friend Allison has said that sometimes we live in a Parallel Universe.  But remember, we all need each other and in the end, aren't we all one and don't we all come from the same Source?!? 
Reflect on that and find the JOY in life!!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Kate said...

Martie, you are the opposite of me. I am prone to depression, and often find enthusiasm a difficult commodity to come by. I appreciate who you are. Don't ever let anyone talk you out of your enthusiasm and exuberance.