BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Portuguese Beet Salad


My friend Susan and I live hours apart and visit daily via email or phone but hardly ever in person, so when we found a time and a half way place, we jumped at it.  It was a time to go on a journey together and explore.  We had no expectations, so there in itself is reason for satisfaction.  The location was Tarrytown, NY, right on the Hudson River by the Tappan Zee Bridge.  The hotel turned out to be right off of the highway and it was quite cozy and comfortable.  Now what to do on a rainy day?  Explore, with umbrellas of course!!  Little did we realize that the focus of our 24 hours together would be some rather incredible restaurants and one great diner (that's another story for another day.  Yes, there are pictures).  Susan put me in charge of food so I would make 'wise choices'.  This last lunch together, we found a Portuguese restaurant with terrific service (ok, he forgot to bring the spoon with the soup!!), vivid colors, beautiful presentations and tastes.  This is just one example - a beet/mango salad with goat cheese and watercress.  I actually hated to put my fork to it and destroy the presentation. MMMMM   MMMMMM good!  NO, I am NOT trying to be a food critic like our son, Jon - you have been to his site - Eating Out in Tokyo with Jon, but just couldn't help sharing this afternoon's delight.  Then we walked more and headed west, then north or south!  Thanks to Tarrytown, Susan and their great restaurants for 24 hours of friend time.  Photo Schmoozer was delighted!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: