BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Thursday, January 7, 2010

HAPPINESS = RELATIONSHIPS


Posted by PicasaThis morning I woke up still thinking about the PBS series This Emotional Life that I have watched these past three nights.  The first session resonated for me because I am so involved in working with adults who care for infants and toddlers.  Attachment and learning through relationships is so vital for our very young children. Just wish sometimes that it would happen among the 'big people' who care for the young. I see this as a Parallel Process but sometimes this lesson is ignorerd or forgotten.  Then last night, the third session talked very much about Happiness and how this is so influenced and affected by Relationships.  For a few hours before the program, I went to a crazy quilt group meeting.  I had not been to the meetings for many months, and I felt SO WELCOMED!!  These connections brought total joy to my heart!!  When I watched the program and Relationships was such a key word, WOW.  I also was thrilled to hear Martin Seligman talk about Positive Psychology because, as you know, my personal philosophy is DARE TO AFFRIM.  I am a strength based person who believes that we all shine.  Rather than have any weaknesses, sometimes our 'shine' has been tarnished and we need to polish it up.  Always POSITIVE!!
Now one more point...you might say "Then why do you have this picture on the PhotoSchmoozer blog?"  It is a relationship connection.  Remember I talk about Heather?  She sent me this Circle of Friends candle holder and every morning, I come into my office and light the candle.  Though I work at home, I know that I am connected to a very special Circle of Friends in other home offices around the country.  It brings happiness and joy to my heart.  We have a connection that will endure long after our work together is completed.  As Oprah would say, "This I know for sure."

No comments: