BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Monday, November 28, 2011

Totally Positive...Totally Affirming!!

Let me tell you who this is - her name is Jeannie and she is so totally special - warmth, compassion, affirming, and an excellent yoga instructor besides!  Late in the Spring, a friend recommended that I go to the Senior Center for Yoga.  I decided to go and meet the instructor.  Found out that I couldn't make her class in the morning (was going to Meditation) but started going to her class at Kennedy Hospital in the afternoon.  It was a huge class - more than 25 older women - Photoschmoozer included!!  Yet one thing I noticed is the personal comments and touches that Jeannie always had to offer the class.  Now I have chosen Yoga rather than meditation on Monday morning and we have develop a nice group - maybe half a dozen of us.  Jeannie even went to Kripala this summer to study Yoga for seniors with some researchers from Duke University.  Aren't we the lucky ones??  A few weeks ago, she and I listened to The Journey (http://www.ijlife.com/ , code MM99) and she was totally captivated.  Today she used part of it in class.  The part that is so very special to me though is about Photoschmoozer - Jeannie came to my Birthday celebration last week and spent a looooooooong time studying all of the pictures - and there are plenty.  Today she went on and on talking about my gift and my eye - I said it before and I will close with the same thought again - I am wealthy with the affirmations and compliments about my work.  Thank you world!!!

No comments: