BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Saturday, November 5, 2011

This is MY HORSE!!

This is a funny story - no, not the horse and the setting but something that happened last night!  There was a Coach bag bingo fundraiser in Pitman and I set up my photography for sale.  What a crowd and how fascinating to see the groups coming in with their trays of sandwiches and snacks - they gather a group of friends and come and play bingo!  Is this related - well maybe not but at one point a woman was looking at my cards and said, "This is my horse!"  She recognized the setting and the horse.  They no longer board the horses there, but this was definitely the spot!  It's been a few years since I took the picture while out driving in the country!  Now she asked if I would come and take pictures of the other three horses too.  She bought the three cards I had and said "Isn't it funny that the owner has to buy pictures of her own horse!"  One of the best stories of the evening!!

No comments: