BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Sunday, November 13, 2011

New Beginnings in Life's Adventures

LABYRINTH
The labyrinth is a walking meditation.  Aside from Grace Cathedral, in San Francisco, my introduction to this world, one of my favorites is the one at the Episcopal Church in Lewes, DE.  At the beginning of a 'friend' time at the DE beach, and the beginning of my birthday celebrations (never one day!!), this was my choice.  My question going in was about relationships - how to let them be and let them grow.  The leaves on the labyrinth were some answers for this day.  Some of the path is covered/obscured by the crunchy leaves - and at other spaces, the way was totally clear.  Parallel that to life and it's a simple answer in patience.  Let the wind blow and let the decisions come as they will.

DAYBREAK
Still on the quest, and peaceful to listen and learn, spirit woke me at 5:45 the next morning.  I knew I needed to go out to the balcony to watch the sunrise. (The night before, we sat there and watched the full moon on the ocean!!)  The sky had bands of color but where was the sun?!?  Lesson learned - before the sun comes up, the day breaks (just like the sky colors after the sun goes down below the horizon!)  The colors in the sky were awesome - the birds began to wake up and a few fisherman came to the beach.  Then the sky gradually became totally pale - and then...sunrise!!  What a total gift!!

SUNRISE
About half an hour after my daybreak experience, I saw the red ball on the horizon and sat, listening to The Journey and meditating as I watched the sun gradually come up higher in the sky.  My birthday is a gift and I celebrate in anticipation every year.  I look for the special gifts I am offered - and totally live in gratitude for them!!  This time, I have gratitude not only for The Universe and the gifts we are given, but also for the friends in my life.  My friend Annee and I spent such beautiful time enjoying one another's company and all of the beauty around us - as well as sharing some great meals and terrific conversation!!  Thanks!!

No comments: