BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Celebrating Another Year of Life!!

This morning I awoke thinking about Photoschmoozer, life and photography.  I wondered how long it had been since I first met Bob Reid and joined his photography class at Gloucester County college.  I was amused when I thought it was about 3 years and then thought about this photo - I did this for a self-portrait when I took the class - and that was when I was celebrating turning 60!!  Now, for my 65th I had a drum circle celebration at Bus Stop Music Cafe and now for my 66th - welcome in Social Security - I am going to have a Photography exhibit at the Pitman library.  I am planning a "Meet the Artist" Celebration and what a perfect time for it - 11/21~~  Another fantastic birthday celebration!!  Happy Days Martie!!  You Go Girl!!!   Hmmmm wonder what I would do for a self-portrait today - 6 years later?  Hmmmmmmmmmm.......

No comments: