BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Monday, November 7, 2011

Sunsets Light Up the Sky -

Yesterday was one of those days when it was time to distance myself from the world - to be still - walk - watch - and reflect.  For weeks I have been wanting to go to East Point Light House on the Delaware Bay and that I did.  I have been rather emotional and sitting in the sand by the water is totally soothing!  The sun's shining helped a bunch too.  At sunset, I talked to a woman who was there with her phone taking pictures - asked where she was from and she said Pitman!!  As we talked more, she remembered I took pictures of the awesome clematis she had growing in her yard!!  We talked...and talked...and were still for the 'light show'.  Then as I was about to leave and had started the car, I took one more look - the low headlights from my car just provided a magnificent lighting for the final picture of the day.  It's like the saying that tells you to take pictures and then turn around because the best one might just be there!!

No comments: