BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Patience and a Bit of Perfection!!

I like to think that Photoschmoozer is all about people and their stories.  Though I still favor those and know that they add ZEST to my life, lately, I have been focusing on the gifts from nature.  Today is no different.  Bill and I went to Longwood Gardens in Kennett Square, PA for their annual chrysanthemum show.  The whole conservatory is filled with mums of all colors, sizes and shapes.  The one that is awesome is the one giant plant with a zillion blossoms.  This year it is 1101 or something close to that.  Last year, it was just under 1000.  No matter huh because how much time and patience it takes (17 months) to take one plant and grow and groom and prune and plan for this magnificent display to occur.  The volunteer - my people story for the day - saw our interest and came right over with his stories about how the tree was grown and then transported to the conservatory.  It takes many people a long time to do this!  We also learned that the grounds we walk through at Longwood is less than half of the acreage that they own and use for growing/production!!  So - it takes time, patience and skill - just as our living life does!!!  Please remember this lesson and be patient with yourself and those around you.  It's my life challenge!!

Then there is outside with the lush colors of Mother Nature still in evidence to gift us!  Today what fascinated me was the sizes and shapes of the trees.  Talk about time and patience - the trees are huge, some gnarled, some with trunks so large we couldn't wrap our arms around them together - but all as a gift for us to remind us of the awesomeness of life!!  Now, as the dusk came, the little twinkly lights in all of the trees came alive in all of their colors to be yet another candy feast for the eyes.

No comments: