BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Weaving the Web of Creativity

She has been hanging around and building her web in our kitchen window for more than three days...so far...and I knew I had to look up the meaning for the spider as a totem animal.  I do believe she is sending messages and they are good ones!!
The spider is a remarkable figure of feminine energy and creativity in the spirit animal kingdom. Spiders are characterized by the skilled weaving of intricate webs and patience in awaiting their prey. By affinity with the spider spirit animal, you may have qualities of high receptivity and creativity. Having the spider as a power animal or totem helps you tune into life’s ebbs and flows and ingeniously weave every step of your destiny.


________________________________________

Isn't tnis message what life is like...for me at least and probably for most of us - weaving the web and being patient while the work is being done.  I am thinking that the work is never completed...it just starts at the center with the being and works it way out in complicated patterns.  There is a definite process and a pattern though I would think that rather like snowflakes, if we examine these closely, we would not see sameness in each one!  It is so like each of our lives - watching, waiting, being patient and taking action to build the web with sureness and conviction, knowing that our work has meaning.  Will the web last?  Not necessarily, but then the time comes to work on yet another one.  What do I 'work' on?  There are so many interests and projects, not in an ADD way...but in a way that is an individual fascinated with all that life has to offer.
    Now we are beginning a New Year - today is Yom Kippur - a time for reflection, contemplation, acceptance and forgiveness.  I ask for it from those I might have offended...and I offer it to all who have been  hurtful to me in some way...intentional or not.  Sometimes it is my own sensitivity and perception that views the situation in a way that includes too much drama...sometimes it is real.  No matter - FORGIVENESS is the key...life moves on and today is the only day we have.  Blessings to all of us as we enter the New Year...as we see a winding down in the transition to Fall...and as we plan rest and reflection - being in our cocoon until we emerge as the beautiful butterfly that we truly are!!
   Yesterday at Chanticleer Garden in Wayne, PA. the butterfly and i visited and shared the glory of the day and her magnificence.  How fortunate we were to have a wonderful visit. What will today bring??

No comments: