BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Out of the Comfort Zone



First lessson of the day...PATIENCE.  OMG the traffic was incredible exiting 109 on the Garden State Parkway and for many miles through Red Bank.  Single lanes...road construction...and she who likes to be early arrived more than half an hour late but I quickly learned that I was not the only one so we started way late - maybe call it Califormia time!!
It's a wrap now.  It is over and the day was definitely an experience!!  I am understanding that sometimes it is important to step outside of one's comfort zone to learn and grow!!  Can I say that this was a FUN experience - maybe...fun in the respect that I enjoyed learning and drumming and meeting new people.  Fun in watching Arthur facilitate...and share...and talk  and encourage.  Enlightening in understanding that we ALL - or almost all, have our doubts and insecurities.  The biggest challenge - stepping into the circle and facilitating to have the group engage.  Some people jumped right in.. George, sitting next to me - and a drummer, shared how he keeps his eyes down so he won't get picked.  Fascinating to see how facilitators picked people to keep going with their playing when others were to be stilled.  Was it because of the person or was it because of the instrument that they were playing?  I belileve it was some of each.  It did bring back memories of childhood and being the last to be picked for games and teams.  Some things stick around with you!!  Talking to another friend and she shared that she too was always the last and it brought back feelings for her...and she is a psychologist! 
I would have to say that Arthus is full of himself.  I won't use the word he said that has been used to describe him over the course of his lifetime - and he is older than I!!  I will say that beneath the fluff and bluff and self deprecating commentary is a giant teddy bear who is positive and supportive and full of love and compassion. After all, as he would say, he is from California. 
   It was amazing to meet so many of the 30 people in the room and find that they had come from California and Alberta,Canada...Boston and other points around the country for this day and to attend the Remo Health Rhythms training this weekend.  I met psychologists, speech therapists, a NASA scientist, trainers and special educators - among others.  It was good to be among them and learn.  Now, I will have to integrate the messages and teachings - and wait for Arthur's new book/s to be ready in October.

No comments: