BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Sunday, September 15, 2013

It Only Takes ONE!

It only takes one, though I did lament on the BE STILL and SEE sight that there was only a single water lily in the pond when
we were meandering the grounds at Chanticleer.  What I forgot to mention is that it was Spectacular and Little Light was definitely right there with me dancing with glee!!  I just looked and she lit up the flower.  It said, "Martie here I am in all of my glory!  Don't worry that I am here alone because I am NOT lonely.  I have lots of other friends here with me and anyway, this way, I can be noticed and be outstandinig in the pond!  WOO HOO!"  See, I always say that I wait for the flower to share how she wants to be seen IF at all.  This one did, but there were many pictures I took the other day that were really blurry


I was really surprised to see that Ms. Lily had a baby friend...and then there were the leaves and all of their shadows and reflections.  See I was looking at 'more of the same' when what I had to be still and notice was the diversity in the pond.  Well now - isn't that just like life?  There is so much diversity in the world and that is what makes our environment what it truly is - differences that we can appreciate and value!  Aren't we totally fortunate.  IF there were more water lillies like the one I saw, well, it wouldn't be the same anyway just as none of us is like one another.  The water lily did have a baby friend that we saw just as a big bud on the water - and that too was perfect.  Life is perfect...
Someone just aked me to recommend a camera to them.  I had to write back and say that she was asking the wrong person because she wanted one - not too expensive - where she could change lenses and take pictures with all of the perspectives that I saw.  I said I don't have one of those and never will  - the perspective comes from my head and heart and as the commercials on TV say - maybe for Discover card - well, that is priceless.  Just buy a simple card and go peacefull into the world and BE STILL and SEE.  Someone else said I should teach a class on Stilllife after she saw the butterfly I posted yesterday.  It's NOT about still life either friends.  You need never get tired of hearing me say that it is about BE STILL AND SEE - it is about going out quietly with camera in hand and no expectations, no labels...only a clear intention to be OPEN to see the gifts all around you.  No need to say more?!  Just do it...with an open heart and a clear mind...and an eye that takes in all that is around you.  Don't label...just see!!  It's so simple that you can't make it complex...well, IF you try too hard you can...get the message??  Enjoy!!

No comments: