BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Monday, September 16, 2013

Solutions Come From Quiet Thoughts



When I give myself the gift of sitting still - being quiet and reflecting - allowing my mind to clear and just drift along with the clouds - it's funny how possibilities arise.  I don't question that I love to BE STILL and SEE and really explore the openness of everything...and nothing.  What happens is that I listen to others - listen to what society says we must do to be 'right' and hang with those thoughts that are definitely holdovers from a previous time in my very own lifetime - maybe even back through other lifetimes!!

So discoveries...thoughts...open to ideas...just because 'photographers' take their pictures and then frame them and put them in galleries for sale, and I feel a need to be 'like them'...is that the truth?  I am rich on compliments but as friend Bob says, "Photography doesn't sell!"  Well some does but it is in the eyes of the buyer and can't really be predicted.  I have hung pictures in a gallery show with 21 other artists.  Can I go into the comparison of me with them?!?  NO NO NO...doesn't society often put us there??  I love what I do and will do more for me...to learn and grow in my own creative expression...
   For years I have been training individuals to know that the PROCESS is way more important than the PRODUCT!!  Hey Photoschmoozer...listen to your own words and enjoy the process.  Isn't that what learning and discovery is really all about?  Going within and seeing what your heart sees.  Taking your own journey and laughing and dancing with every step along the way!!
It's a journey...my journey...not to be shared.  Each of us has our own...yeah team!!

Each of us t
Each of takes the steps on our journey one step at a time.  See the steps are crooked, straights, higher, lower, simpler, more difficult...in the end we arrive where we need to be in each moment of each day!!

No comments: