BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Monday, September 23, 2013

Perspective...in the Eye and Heart of the Viewer

Last night, I was looking at Facebook and our friend, Lisa, in Lincoln, Nebraska, posted this picture of the green leaf with Little Light dancing on it.  I thought it was an interesting perspective, yet my mind said, "What if the picture was cropped and the details of the water droplets were the total focus?  So I did just that.  It's the same picture...and not.  It demonstrated how two people can see the same thing and yet what you see from their camers/eye/heart is not the same at all.  I wrote to Lisa and asked if she had considered cropping it.  She said no because she liked Little Light at both ends of the leaf.  Then I sent her what I did.  We think each other's picture is 'cool' as she put it.  That is the 'cool' part of the whole process.  We see things differently - we present ourselves and our photos to the world differently, yet we can step back and just say "COOL" - I like how you see this!!
As is often the case, I connect so many of my thoughts and reflections to relationships.  Remember DARE TO AFFIRM: The Dance of Relationships.  Now why can't we all be laid back and open to one another...hey cool - I see it this way; you see it another way.  I respect who you are and am so happy that you respect who I am.  Let's acknowledge that and just move on.
    I love how I can use photography as a metaphor for life - after all isn't it a representation of life in all of its amazing wonder?  My photography, my BE STILL and SEE has been a Journey for me...and I needn't put it in the past tense, because actually, it is and will be an ongoing journey.  I do it with and through my camera, when in actuality, there are times when the camera is at home...or in the car...and I truly understand that I have the CAMERA OF LIFE with me at all time - it's so perfect - my clear vision...my open heart to accept and see all of the beauty of the little things all around us all the time...and the wisdom to accept the world...and people in it for all of their perfections and imperfections.
    I was talking to friend Heather about relationships and she suggested that the word Surrender be considered.  No way I said...that strikes me as a general losing a battle - or the war - and having to give in.  Then this morning she sent me the definition of Surrender from Eckhardt Tolle - and this gave me pause.  I will end today with sharing that message...
   FORGIVE YOURSELF FOR NOT BEING AT PEACE.  THE MOMENT YOU COMPLETELY ACCEPT YOUR NON-PEACE, YOUR NON-PEACE IS TRANSMUTED INTO PEACE.  ANYTHING YOU ACCEPT FULLY WILL GET YOU THERE, WILL TAKE YOU INTO PEACE.  THIS IS THE MIRACLE OF SURRENDER.
                Eckartdt Tolle
and hugs and gratitude to Heather...and her friend Lisa for opening my eyes to seeing the world in yet another different and wonderful way!!

No comments: