BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Monday, September 16, 2013

TMI...OVERLOAD...or BE STILL!?!?!

All the time I talk about peace of mind...being still and being - just paying attention to the present moment and letting life flow.  TALK IS EASY.  Doing and just Being is the challenge.  Sometimes I feel like the hamster on the wheel - confined in the environment and just using momentum to spin around in circles.  Sometimes it feels like a dog chasing its tail.  Whatever it is, it is not where I want and/or need to be but sometimes where I get caught! 
   Friend Lillian taught me the expression TMI - I sat with a question mark in my head when I saw the letters - yet when I went still I saw that it stood for TOO MUCH INFORMATION.  Yep I get it.  It's NOT a gift to have too much information and too many gifts/skills.  It's challenging to want to know everything and do everything.  It's a challenge friends for me to BE STILL - maybe except when I pick up my camera!?!?  Maybe that is where I need to BE more rather than always struggling to figure out who I am and where I fit and what would make me happy.  Friend Bob talks about simply Letting Go - letting go of what?  The need to know...the need to know what I will do with the pictures I take - the need to know what I will do with the quilting projects I do?  
   I have simple needs...wanting to BE...and be still and at peace.  Then I rediscover the 'junque' that is available to me - sugar, carbs, and related stuff.  Then I go there for a few days...and then again, I say, "OK it's time to LET IT GO!"  Now it's that time again...maybe this will be the last time?  Maybe.  Life in retirement can be BE STILL moments IF we allow them to shine and open our hearts and minds to them.  It's so simple...and not... This is where I really am deep inside - this water lily is the personification of Being Still and Peace...enough said...Let it BE!!

No comments: