BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Peace, Love and Healing

Every year at this time, I realize that I tend to go within - to truly be still and to reflect on life as it is...and as I wish it to be.  Today a friend posted this on Facebook and I thought that it was my wishes for the New Year for myself and the world - my immediate family and friends as well as those on the periphery or those that I don't know yet. 
   I sit here this morning with the window wide open, the cool breezes gently caressing me and the birds singing their good morning.  It is not every day that I wake with a feeling of peacefulness and it feels wonderful!  Yesterday I sincerely allowed life to flow as it would and it was just perfect!
   I have decided that there are a few 'best' ways to achieve this peace.  One is that when my mind starts to chatter and create situations that make me feel less than ok, I pause and send LOVINGINGKINDNESS meditation to those who bring me troubled thoughts - may they be safe, may they be happy, may they be health, may they share love and compassion, may they be at peace.  Life is too short to hold any kind of animosity toward another fellow human being.  I just count my blessings - family and especially our new grandson...special friends...and self - an amazing character full of love and compassion!! 
  


Today friend Bob posted a piece by photographer Tony Sweet
   Here is the link...truly gave me pause...and peace...and self awareness!!
      http://tonysweet.com/2013/09/01/finding-voice/
  Lately my camera and I have been quiet - within - resting and reflective.  I have allowed myself to know that this is OK...that Fall is my time for transition - Mother Nature's as well - a time to purge, cleanse, allow some of the old to 'die' and make room for the new.

No comments: