BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Monday, November 1, 2010

Obsolete...Almost!!

A wireless walky talky thingy dingy.
                        
ALMOST OBSOLETE!!               AND NOT!!!
     DO YOU REMEMBER WHAT THIS IS???
Well everyday there are lessons to be learned!  Remember, I am always saying that?  It is TRUE and I have a story to tell you the makes it very real.  I have a cell phone - not a Blackberry or a Droid or anything fancy - just a plain old LG cell phone and I miss it!  What you say?  I just said I have a cell phone.  The challenge is that I often keep it in my pocket because I often keep it on vibrate.  That I did last Thursday when I was at a conference. As we were driving on Connecticut Avenue in DC to get to the Beltway, I decided it was a good time to call  Bill to tell him we were headed home.  Uh Oh?!?  Where is my cell phone?!?  NOT in my pocket and not on the floor of the car.  Meg asked if I wanted to go back to the hotel and look for it.  Nah, I won't find it and I can get another and recover my phone numbers now - NOT like the time I put the phone through a full washing machine cycle!!  So onward we go and I use her fancy one to call home.  No problem!  We got home in pretty good time and unpacked my bags (or so I thought!!)  After Meg drove off into the sunset, I asked Bill where he thought my suitcase might be.  It was NOT here!!  Turns out it was buried in the back of Meg's gigunda trunk!  And of course I didn't have my cell phone to call her cell phone to ask her to STOP so we could come and get it.  Gradually I called the hotel and the cell phone was there (it is still making its way back to NJ).  Then I had to go to Toms River,NJ to get the suitcase.  Not a simple ride and no cell phone.  I felt naked and lost.  I wanted to call Bill and share some things with him...no way.  Now the real tragedy is that I found ONE pay phone booth in all of the travel distance between there and here.  I survived - stopped service for the cell phone and realized that I could access my phone list from the Internet.  See LESSONS LEARNED!!  
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: