BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Watermelon Radishes...so crisp and sweet

I headed to Princeton to meet my super friend Lois - nutritionist, hypnotherapist and special all around person to plan a HealthRHYTHMS training at her offices right on the main street in downtown Princeton.  Being somewhat of an adventurer, I didn't bother with getting directions, but headed north.  I saw a few roads that looked like they led into the town and decided to go past them and see what was next.  I found a street called Harrison, I think.  I made one of the famous NJ jughandles and went off to see where I would end up.  I came to Nassau Street!!  Being directionally challenged, I decided to turn right and although it was a mistake to get me where I needed to go, as my buddy Jim, my synchronicity friend, would say, It was NOT by accident.  There on my left was a Natural Food/Health Store and it was amazing!  Sorry I can't remember the name better but Nassau and Harrison will get you in the neighborhood.  I saw so many things I had never seen before.  The one that fascinated me was the watermelon radish.  The clerk said it looked like a watermelon inside, but being a bit of a skeptic I had a tad bit of doubt.  So I bought some and it came home and sat on our kitchen table for a few days, until salad maker Bill cut it and put in on our salad.  AMAZING.  So crunchy and sweet too.  I checked out where we could get seeds, and even amazon sells them.  Maybe they are not so uncommon.  I was telling Jon about them (son in Tokyo) and as synchronicity would have it, he was out to lunch just the previous day and there they were on his salad!  Don't I love when all of these unplanned events just seem to happen!?  Keep your eyes open for them and you will be astounded!!

No comments: