BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Exploring the City...Met a New Friend

Meet my new friend...what could we call him??  Senor Guillermo?!?  We walked into the Bourse building in Philadelphia on our adventure to discover and there he was to greet us, right after the security guard at the desk!  No, I don't think I noticed any similarities!  He was part of a display from the Mexican Cultural Center.  The Mexican consulate is located in the building

"DAY OF THE DEAD ALTAR AT THE BOURSE BUILDING"
  The Mexican Cultural Center is honored to announce its annual "Ofrenda" (Spanish for offering) to commemorate the Day of the Dead. This year, Priscila Noemi Hernandez, an art student at Camden College is creating the Ofrenda at the Bourse Building on Friday, October 31. You can see the ofrenda from October 30th to November 3nd.
Reading the description on Wikipedia or other sites on the web will tell you much more about the celebrations than I ever could write here - so go for it!

No comments: