BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Reflections: Forward and Upward

Reflections are some of my favorite photo ops.  Walking around the the Independence Hall area in Philadelphia we saw this statue and the buildings refelcted in the window.  This got me to thinking about life...I thought about looking forward and looking upward. It's been challenging of late to consider letting go of the trapeze bar and just hanging out in the space, almost free falling until another bar comes along to latch on to!  HELP!!  It's about trust and belief and the wonder of life too.  I have been floating for a bit over a month now.  Yesterday a possible opportunity came to continue with the ECE field and well, I just don't know.  I did the interview and sent in the work plans and conflict resolution but as I said, I just don't know.  Today I was reading a new book by Marianne Williamson.  It is about Spirituality and weight loss.  What I took from it and then appliled to my current, 'just don't know' situation is this.  Dear God, I have done all that I need to do to move forward with this situation.  Now, I must let go and turn this over to you and believe that the right solution will be determined!!  It's all about reflecting and trusting and respecting my own values and what I want/need to work to bring joy to my spirit!!  Watch out world!!!

No comments: