BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Fantastic Dad Encourages Exploration!!


Enhanced by Zemanta










It was a perfect Fall day and we decided that outdoors would be the perfect place to spend it!!  We decided to go to Morris Arboretum in the Chestnut Hill section of Philadelphia.  There is so much to share about the displays but first I want to focus on what matters bunches to PhotoSchmoozer - parents who are so involved and engaged with their children that it makes my heart sing and just about brings tears of joy to my eyes.  It happened so much this day, I was gratified.  I especially think about it because a few days before, I was in a clinic and sat as I watched a mother telling her not quite 2 year old NO NO NO to everything he said and/or wanted to do and if he did not stop, she was going to ground him!!  Today was totally different.  Every parent/child dyad was talking, teaching and learning from one another - really enjoying their time together.  I thought about the Hart and Risley study where they spent time over several years in different home/family environments watching and recording the language that children and their parents used.  By the time the child reached 3, there were vast differences - some of the children had a larger vocabulary than some of the parents in the study.  As I watched Chloe playing with the little stones, totally fascinated by them, I also watched her father who was fascinated by her exploration and even encouraged it!!  I engaged in conversation with him and made sure to affirm what a totally cool dad he was.  He didn't understand why because he said that is the way it is supposed to be!  I still thanked him and then asked her if I could take a picture of her hands with the stones.  Lovely...just as the world should be and I continue to stop, watch and affirm what I see that is working well.  Do you do the same?  It's the best way to encourage and/or impact interactions!!

No comments: