BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

THE PRECIOUS PRESENT!!

It's all about the GIFT OF THE PRECIOUS PRESENT!  I put up this picture of a present wrapped so beautifully - NOT with 'stuff' and material things, but with love, caring and compassion.  I have learned the gift of TODAY in so many ways and just continue to open to GRATITUDE and recognizing what we have -
Two weeks ago, my dear friend was buried - she was not ready to leave the Earth plane - or so we thought...Yesterday our friend's son was buried - same funeral parlor - synchronicities abound!  Was he ready to die at such a young age? We don't know for sure...
Last week, I came home from an adventure on the BUS - not at all my intention, but an adventure never the less and I did arrive home safely - even if it was days after I was to be here - BUT I AM HERE!!
Last night we had an election for President ...some folks are into anger and rage and hurtful comments and my prayer is that they realize that TODAY is our gift and a time to begin healing for the good of everyone!!
So many lessons learned from all of it - TODAY is the best gift we are given - the PRECIOUS PRESENT - life is too short and tenuous to be filled with grief, anger or mistrust - it is to be filled with love and compassion - acceptance and understanding.  Because one feels 'different' and maybe threatened or insecure, it's no reason to be unkind to another fellow human being.  Just not kind and truly hurtful!!  When someone reaches out their hearts to you, open your arms and be welcoming!!  It doesn't cost a cent BUT lots of authenticity and caring!!

No comments: