BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Monday, November 19, 2012

Inside the Red Pepper...awesome


It was my turn to make the salad - not a usual occurrence - but it just happened this way.  As I cut the red pepper for the salad, I had to stop, sit and really take some closer look.  I was still and noticed the lines and patterns in the red color of the fruit (??) and then the way the seeds clumped together.  This all reminded me of a batik class I took at Glassboro State College about 38 summers ago.  I was there to learn batik - the teacher had intentions of getting us there but in her way and at her pace.  We had to bring something to draw and study.  At that point I chose a green pepper.  First we sketched the outside - shadows and colors and then gradually cut it apart to see what was inside.  Why this when I wanted to learn about batik. Kamiko was the beginning of my realization that everything has pattern and color - design and style.  Eventually we got to the wax and dyes but I have never looked at a pepper in the same nonchalant way ever again after all of these years!!  Guess I have to reconsider the gratitude I have for the lessons learned!!

No comments: