BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Monday, November 19, 2012

Under the Umbrellas: Colors and Patterns Galore!!




At the Children's Garden in Camden, there is a little ampitheater and lots of umbrellas.  One day in the glorious sunshine, I sat under the umbrella and gazed at the colors and the patterns as the wind gently blew the fabric of the umbrella.  Sometimes it is the colors...sometimes the patterns...but under the umbrella is a wonderful place to be!!  Going out and about is a wonder and always a discovery.
Recently I was at the Purple Pig restaurant in downtown Chicago with some special members of my familySome of them have been with me for a long time...some more recently, but all I wish is love and compassion for each of them and hearts that embrace once another in kind and gentle, caring ways.  Today we had lunch at this restaurant - the food was pretty terrific but for me, the lights and the umbrellas inside were totally cool!  It created an atmosphere of lightness and joy...an indication of how our time together was to be...gratitude for it all.
 In Woodstown, NJ, there used to be the funkiest coffee shop - Beans - and outside they had tables and chairs for enjoying their special coffees and watching the traffic go by at the intersection of Rt. 40.  Looking up I saw the whole rainbow and my heart danced with joy with the amazing colors - it reminded me of a giant parachute and made me think of jumping out of a plane with one of these to have me floating through the sky - would I do this...NOT!!! but words are cheap!!
Once more at the Children's Garden sitting under the umbrellas as the breeze softly blew the leaves, trees and flowers. There were some butterflies floating on the warm breezes too...lots of plants there to attract them...and give me pleasure watching them.  It was a time of silence...stillness...and peace.

No comments: