BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Discover: Reflect, Regroup and Restore



Driving West to Lincoln from Des Moines, I stopped at Nebraska Crossing Visitor Center, picking up brochures for experiences ahead of me.  Holy Family Shrine caught my eye.  As I looked at the map, it seemed close by.  Then I was driving down the road and the exit was behind me - miles behind me.  I looked at the Shrine from afar and knew that one day, I would have the opportunity to site within and reflect...another time.  Little did I know that Sandy would offer me a gift...the airlines cancelled and I was driving back to Chicago to catch the train.  Guess what?!?!  I was going right past the shrine with the opportunity to get there.  Off at the exit, see the signs and drive down the road...then drive down an unpaved road.  It was worth it.Their brochure says that their mission is
     " a Catholic chapel on the Highway, a gateway to heaven for pilgrims and       travelers ...and awaken God's will on their journey"
    Walk into the main entry building and the outside into a path/garden to the Shrine.  They used more than 850 boards in the construction of the trusses and water cutting through the floor and culminating in a pool beneath the altar.
    Remember I talk about being still - well...here it is...and I did just that.  I asked for guidance and protection as I began my journey home.  Little did I know what was going to happen - I had guidance...just not the adventure I had planned.  I learned it was NOT up to me to make the decision about the path.  Now, my gratitude is for safe arrival at home...and thanks for being able to sit and reflect in the Shrine. Gifts are everywhere IF we just take the time to appreciate them.

No comments: