BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

WOO HOO!! Molly's Cupcakes & Synchronicities in Iowa City Iowa

My mind is still absorbing some of the experiences I had after Amtrak cancelled my train home because of the snowstorm in West Virginia.  So explore Iowa City and see what it has to offer since well I might not be back again!  But we can never say never now can we?  So first an amazing black bean burger for lunch and then a walk to find an ATM for $$.  Can't take a bus home without some cash to guide the experience as necessary.  So I am strolling down the street on a perfectly sunny and amazing day - watching students on U of Iowa's campus out rallying for Romney.  I wanted to go over and ask them what they thought he would/could do for them but gaining wisdom as I age, I thought it wouldn't be the best idea.  So I walked down the street and discovered Molly's Cupcakes...all of the senses drew me in.  I had to sit and gaze for awhile before I could make a decision but I was drawn in by the sign for CHOCOLATE RASPBERRY so I knew I had to go for it.  Chocolate ganache, raspberry filling and chocolate cupcake.  Need I say more?!?  Just look at the cupcakes in the case and see the ones on the top shelf with the red raspberry on top!!  A picture is worth a thousand words BUT taste sensations are most awesome!!   See again it proves that synchronicities abound because had I been on the road to Chicago, I would have totally missed this part of the adventure!! 
 As I said, WOO HOO!!

No comments: