BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Morning Mists in the Adirondacks: View from the Rocking Chair

It was 6 am the morning of the first day we climbed the 74 steps!! and stayed at Fogarty's B&B in Saranac Lake, NY. Another time, you will see the steps- steep they are!!  The night air was chilly and we slept with the windows wide open. The sun came up so early and I awoke feeling really rested. Now wasn't it just convenient that I had a perfect rocking chair to sit in and be still by the window?  No chance or luck there - strategically planned.  I was sitting and gazing - waking up actually -and these lilttle clouds came tip toeing across the mountains - a biggish one and then a baby following. Then,they were gone just like that!!  Still gazing, I looked at the lake and saw a magical mist on the water.  How still, how peaceful and how perfect. The church bells chimed the hour, a few cars went by and that was about it until we got up and went downstairs for Jack's regular breakfast - eggs and bacon served with carbs if we chose.

Lessons learned - NOT - never shoot into the sun!!  In my mind's eye and as I age, the lessons learned are that rules are made to be broken! This is one case and I was gifted with this view - Never listen to everything you are told or even be good enough to follow the rules!  The only rule is to do no harm to others.  Other than that, let herrip!!  That I did and itwas glorious!!  I sat and rocked and watched for three mornings - one of my definite treasures of my NY state adventure with"Baby Sis"!!  Lucky us!!

No comments: