BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Marcus, Tony and the Brit

Son Jon has come back to the United States after living close to 12 years abroad - Australia and Tokyo.  Interesting is that he is going to live in Chicago, the last place he lived in the US before moving across the ocean.  Why do I need to explain that? Well, he is here in Pitman for a few day's visit before heading off in his new charcoal gray Toyota Camry.  Having him home often means music events and last night was no exception!   We went to CoffeeWorks in Voorhees,NJ, to listen to Jon playing with buddies Jim Six and Greg Potter- all singer/songwriter music.  When I walked in, I looked around to see interesting individuals and saw the three guys sitting at the chess table.  Although they were all fascinating to watch as they intensely concentrated, Marcus was most interesting to me.  I, PhotoSchmoozer shared that he would be an interesting photographic subject - and he said sure.  As the evening progressed, we talked about our shared interest in photography, how to make some money with it as well as being of service and of course, types of cameras and equipment.  The coolest piece - the portable printer he had. He went to the car and brought it in so he could make immediate prints of what I had taken -and he was to send one to his mom in Florida.  Again, I share the lesson of not learning all there is to life unless you are still, look around you and open up to life - including people!!

See the serious intensity of Marcus' concentration!!

No comments: