BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Walk a Mile in My Shoes!!!

A few years ago, sister Lisa and I went on a Road Trip Adventure to Cape Cod and Boston because of niece Kat.  Now we went again because Kat was working in theatre for the summer in the Adirondacks. Another adventure and another road trip.  Last time, I was already into taking PhotoSchmoozer pictures of people and their feet. We talked about our 'someday' book about Unity and Diversity related to people and their shoes.  Now during our time in NY state, the project continued!! Here are a few of the people we met and the shoes they chose to walk in.


We went to a Native American PowWow in Harriman State Park.  I was so enjoying the dancers and the drums (and yes, the crafts) that I almost forgot to stop and realize that there were incredible beaded mocassins all around me.  Here's one example - the man was quite surprised when I asked him to stop so I could photograph his shoes.

 These belonged to the cutest little guy asleep in his carriage and I was careful to assure his mom that I was only going to take a picture of his shoes because I thought they were wonderful!  At that point, she beamed and was quite proud.
 These - well - sister and I were sitting out in Lake George one early evening and her feet were just poised for the picture taking!! These were the shoes that she wore for just about all of the adventure - never would have worked for my toes, especially since my surgery, but she said they were wonderful and that had to be the truth from her perspective.

We saw several plays at the Pendreagon Theatre in Saranac Lake and the morning after found us gifted with a behind the scenes tour.  Here sat a pair of shoes that had been on stage for Dangerous Liaisons the night before. Looks like they were having a well  deserved rest.


The last to be shared in this blog- they belonged to quite
a character - Aimee - the owner of a great Fair Trade shop in Saranac Lake.  She was colorful and we totally enjoyed being in her shop - in fact, I had to go back another day for yet another scarf for a friend - loved the work - and loved the colors too.
So we traveled for six days, saw mountains and lakes and people and here is a wonderful representation of a cross section of what we experienced. Never can tell how we will see things until we stop to take the time to look around!!

No comments: