BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Sunday, August 21, 2011

The Energizer Bunny and Friends!!

 
This is a very special person- I call him the Energizer Bunny because he is often up before 6 am, goes to synagogue to pray, goes to the gym to work out and can prepare a decent meal!!  This is my Uncle Irv - he is soon to be 89 and is just 'cool'.  He has stories to tell, is interested in lots of things, and knows the importance of maintaining connections to his family.   Just the other night he came from Philadelphia to see Jim, Jon and Greg playing at the Coffee Works in Voorhees - stopping for a bit of shopping at Cherry Hill Wegman's first.  He forgot his cane, so "no problem" - he closed up the umbrella and used that to help him walk with ease.  He stayed til the bitter end too - cousin Bob drives,but Irv is a good spirit.  He wanted to visit family and so he did!!
Here's a picture to be treasured - me/PhotoSchmoozer, Uncle Irv and sister Lisa hanging out together at Coffee Works - just enjoying one another's company.  Isn't that what family is all about.

No comments: