BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Monday, August 15, 2011

Riding the White Water Rapids...in Pitman?!?!?!

On a typical day in the quiet Boro of Pitman, there is Alcyon Lake, the dam and the creek. After close to 12 hours of seriously heavy rains, nothing was typical.  I walked across the sloshy fields and came upon the creek. Now doesn't this look like the white waters where folks go rafting down the Colorado River in the Grand Canyon? I just stood mesmerized by the torrents of water rushing past and changing the creek into ???

On the typical day that I am talking about, these three bushes are on the ground at the edge of the lake and NOT sitting on what appears to be their own island way out there in the lake. Where did all of the water come from and where will it go??

The ducks were 'lost'.  Usually as soon as we walk toward them, they go scurrying off to get themselves to safety in the water.  When we walked about, they were sitting and not moving - some appearing lost.  This guy stood poised for ??? He too hadn't quite seen anything like this in his lifetime.
I missed the biggest floods of the day.  A woman was there when we walked over and shared her story of the water that, earlier in the day, had come up and over the guard rails and totally flooded the streets. When we got there, things were heading back to normal....whatever that is!?!?!

No comments: