BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Saturday, August 27, 2011

The Lull Before the Storm

In my formative years, I grew up at the NJ seashore - Wildwood to be exact - and never have I seen the furor that has arisen over Hurricane Irene.  We had Hazel in '59 and another in March of '63 that had us getting around town in rowboats.  Never did I remember a state of emergency and mandatory evacuations.  In our area, the local Shop Rite stores closed at 8 on Friday night and will be closed all weekend.  I have seen many other cancellations because of what might be.  Today I read that the NY City subways will be closed at noon.  Wonder where she will head, what her strength will be and how everyone will fare.  We can only wait and be prepared!!  Peace to all.

No comments: