BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Friday, May 6, 2011

Truly...Be Still...Rest...and Reflect

Last week, we journeyed to Wayne,PA to Chanticleer Gardens.  Words can't express the glorious 'candy' for the eye that surrounded us as we strolled the 35 acres on a totally perfect Spring day- and the excitement was that we would have to come back many times over because it was always changing!!  See, being 'retired' has its advantages.  It's a pretty day so let's get in the car and go out into the world.  It's not that we don't have things to do, but without a place to be daily, they can wait until another time!!  YES!!
One of the first gardens we happened upon was a bed full of ranunculus!  Oh my.  The colors were totally spectacular and in my PhotoSchmoozer style, I just sat on the bench and gazed!  No we are trying to find some of these flowers to plant in the garden so the party can go on!!  Not yet,, but they will come soon.  This brought back memories of a weekend in Annapolis where we first saw these blooming in the formal gardens of one of the mansions.
We would have to say that these gardens were totally welcoming and as we walked...and walked...and walked, we found even more evidence of it.  There were chairs in peaceful settings everywhere!  If I had to pick one, well, I could ask you to guess, but I will tell you - it is the rocking chairs , bottom center.  The vista was out to the rolling hills of the property.  I want to go back and just sit and read and write - or be still and watch - right in that spot!!
Coming around a bend and walking down the path, I caught a glimpse of what resting and being still is all about - notice the peaceful smile on this face!  Sad to say, there were no chairs here to reste along with this peaceful person.  You can only imagine.  You can get a sense of Chanticleer from this face - S/he's walked the miles and now has taken time to set a spell, resting and reflecting on the gratitude for the gifts from Mother Nature!!  You have to go...

No comments: