BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Mulberry Tree - Survives and Thrives!!

We bought this house in Pitman in 1982 - stop and think - that is almost THIRTY YEARS ago.  Except for a few years in Shamong and Maple Shade (in a apartment can you believe?!?), we have been permanent residents.  Once we ran away in anger and then we came back to make peace with ourselves and the environment.  I digress, but isn't that what storytelling is all about??  When we bought the house, there was a giant mulberry tree in the side yard next to the driveway.  Some would say it was beautiful; some would say it was messy; we would say that there was a lot of decay and it soon had to come down.  Over the years, I have chosen to maintain it as a special spot in the yard - I just call it "My Stump"!  You can see how diligently and lovingly Bill has worked to maintain it for us - it's becoming more bricks and less wood, but the Stump is still a focal point.  This year it has been treated to begonias, geraniums and lots of Dollar Store spinners.  It's the color that greets me as I sit at my desk and gaze out into our 'back forty"!!  We treat it well...and it gives us gifts!  Win - win!!

No comments: