BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Early Morning Garden Visitors!~!

We don't live in the city but we don't live in the country.  I wouldn't call it the suburbs because it is not a development - so what??  I would call it our backyard environment in small town, USA.  To say that we are lucky enough to have our yard go back 200 feet is a blessing and to say that we have a 'wall' of bamboo on one side is both a blessing for privacy and a curse for how invasive it is - and it is NOT even ours.  (Anyone have a suggestion for removing it??)  Every morning we wake up and look out the windows at the gorgeous flowers blooming in the garden, but most days, if we are observant, we are gifted with something unique!  One day, a pair of mallards had wandered up Cedar Avenue to eat in our backyard.  By the time I got the camera and then had to change the batteries, well, they were about moving on to other dining spots, but here they are.

 
I've been waking up early with the birds chirping around 5:30.  Today the sun was shining as well!!  Happy day!!  I decided to get my friend, Canon S10IS and venture out to see what was gifting us with its presence today.  Aside from six different colors of rose bushes in full bloom, there were iris, calendula and peonies.  Those of you who know me well, know that Super Macro close ups going into the heart and soul of the flowers is a favorite for me.  Today as I was looking at the iris, I found this bug? caterpillar? what?  still sleeping - just being still so I could get in there and watch him closely!  It's fascinating to BE STILL and look around - the gifts and surprises are amazing.  I wonder how often you, my friends, allow yourself that gift!!  Do it and you will be at peace.  Stillness can be so settling!!  Now off to do Tai Chi!Posted by Picasa

No comments: