BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Synchronicities Might be Life Changiing!!!!

I had to stay home to finish Water for Elephants - both to find out what happened and to pass it along to a friend so she could read it.  Bill went ahead to the Bus Stop Music Cafe for open mic night and I said I would WALK there to meet him.  Did just that, stopping to visit with Kim at Barcelona for a chat.  When I got to the Bus Stop, the 'gang' was sitting outside - said it was too nice to go inside BUT I was hungry and did just that.  Bill was sitting at a table and there was a sandwich across from him - no person - a sandwich.  Eventually the guy came back and we all met.  His name is Richard Hawk - he came to play and sing, but we learned so much more about him. He's a writer and a motivational speaker - much on the same kinds of topics as DARE to AFFIRM.  As we were talking, all of a sudden, I saw a finger puppet being handed to me.  Why??  Richard said that he always carries a pocket full ( and he has zillions of stories connected to what happens when he spontaneously gives them to someone)  and I asked to see the others.  The one he has pulled out was a gibbon; the one I choose was this monkey!  He needs a name and I haven't settled yet - suggestions so far...Art, Erk ...and?  All I know is that this little guy and I danced through some songs as Richard sang!!  He even dedicated a song to his new friends, Martie and Bill.  Mom, you always asked why I talked to everyone.  This story is one more example of WHY and how wonderful it is!!  Some of the information that Richard shared could be life changing...time will tell!!

No comments: