BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Friday, May 27, 2011

Awesome Adventure!!!

 
Posted by PicasaHave you heard of Roberto Capucci?  Well, neither had I until the brochure arrived in the mail from the Philadelphia Art Museum.  WOW is what I said - fabric, design, COLOR and glorious candy for the eye.  I showed this to friend, Lindsay, and we immediately got tickets and off we went.  We were not in the least disappointed!!  Well, one disappointment - PhotoSchmoozer couldn't take pictures and couldn't touch the fabric.  Other than that - totally out of the box, unusual, creative, a genius in fashion design.  He started in his late teens and by age 21, was already winning major fashion design awards and recognition.  We stayed as long as we could to look at the rainbow of colors, the black and white and even several dresses just studded with phosphorescent beads - when the lights dimmed, the beads glowed.  He made these with the same beads that were in the nuns' rosaries in Assissi!  We talked to so many interesting people - could go one and on with stories and conversations we shared with Sandy and Irwin Perlman (no, the museum annex wasn't named after them!!).  Then when we were close to leaving, I looked over to a bench and there sat Diana Frederick - a college friend and a roommate oh so many years ago!  Her friend Pat was with her - and she and LIndsay were talking about stained glass windows.  Pat wanted a rose window and Lindsay's sister does just that.  More phone numbers exchanged!  What do I tell you all of the time -  continue to be awake and aware and go out and seek adventures and always be open to conversations and synchronicities.  Mom, you were wrong!  It is definitely important to talk with people - they all have so much to share!!  These conversations bring me stories, joy and just the thrill of life!!

No comments: