BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Monday, May 30, 2011

Friends, Role Models and Tai Chi Buddies!!

Nola pet the puppy; Betty watches on    Fourth Friday  May 2010
It's a small town and the more places we go and the more people we meet, the smaller it gets - and that, my friends, is a wonderful thing!!   Last May, we were at Fourth Friday in Uptown Pitman and saw this totally adorable puppy.  These two women came over to meet the dog and I just found them charming.   Yes, I took their picture because they were so special to me!  About 9 months later, Bill and I went to Tai Chi class at the Senior Center in Glassboro,NJ, and there were two older women in the class from Pitman.  Nice to meet them and I appreciated them as role models.  Months later, I was looking through pictures for the Music Festival and lo and behold -yes, you guessed it - they were the same women I had first met last May.  What a totally cool connection.  Now we are in class together, and I also see Betty and Nola all over town.  Why just the other day, Betty was in KMart to buy her favorite shoes.  Says they are the only ones she wears!!  Then we went to Fourth Friday music at the Bus Stop Music Cafe and there they were!!  You guessed it - we sat and talked and listened to music too.  They had lots to share - info on life and health issues too.  Small world - and yep, Mom, I still am talking to lots of people and loving it!  Why don't you all try it too!!
Betty   Martie   Nola  Fourth Friday May 2011

No comments: