BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Thursday, April 21, 2011

The Soul of the Flower: Discover the Essence

To be at peace within, I go to the stillness and beauty of the flowers.  Each has its own spirit and essence and I value that so much.  Friend Karen has tulips sharing their beauty in her garden.  Once I saw them in their wholeness, both as individual flowers and as clusters that naturally grow together, I felt the warmth of the sun shining filling me with a stillness to just walk quietly and see.  The gift was the wide openness of each flower and its center.  I feel blessed to have a SuperMacro on my camera and so enjoy the gifts we can gather to share.  If I lifted the brush, I could say that these were painted.  Actually they are painted by the Spirit that gifted us with them.  WOW!!

WOW is what I can say about this one.  There are pieces of this one that I never saw until I put these in the computer.  The blues had to be there all along but not visible to my eye when I was looking at it.  The more I look at this, the more details I see.  Friend Tony is producing The Journey: it's to be a CD, DVD, musical production and movie.  It's about the Journey home to one's soul.  It's about being in the present moment - the here and now.  It's about how life needs to be lived so we can be at total peace within ourselves and with everything and everyone in our environment.  It is about life as it is meant to be lived!  It is about awareness of every moment.  It is about going home - and when I took these pictures, I felt that I was going home and connecting with the essence of the tulips.  What a gift!!

No comments: