BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Thursday, April 7, 2011

The Perfect Day - Love, Pink Fountains, Cherry Blossoms & Drumming!!

You can see from the pictures what a day it was !!  The first thing that took me by surprise was the PINK fountain!!  For sakura (cherry blossom festival or???)  Then after I climbed up FOUR flights of stairs from the fourth level below parking garage - right- the elevator was out of service!!  I was sitting on the wall resting and saw an old professional colleague - also named Barbara also a former kindergarten teacher  (yes, I was Barbara in my first 50 years!!).  She was there with her niece and nephew because her sister had just died from breast cancer and they had put her ashes in the fountain. She shared that the pink was in commemoration of breast cancer awareness month.  Either way, the fountain was pink.  Adding to the perfection of the day was the SUN - glorious - and the Japanese drumming - Tamagawa University students who came to America for the festival and performed at many of the colleges around the area - and the Kimmel Center too.  Then lunch - I was going to find a restaurant but instead saw a cart with falafel sandwiches - got mine with hummous and feta - with a cup of lentil soup.  Great tasting and a bargain too.  I could go back and bask in the sunshine for yet more time!  No need for extra Vitamin D that day.  So let's reflect on this 'retirement' thing and say that yes, it is a paradigm shift, and yes , it takes adjustment, BUT overall, for days like this one, it is a perfect place to be!!

No comments: