BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

It's Here!! It's Here!! Truly Spring!

Driving to Mullica Hill on a truly glorious morning, I was ecstatic to see that Spring had truly come to South Jersey - my definition of Spring.  Don't get me wrong - I love the crocus, daffodils and forsythia, but when the peach trees come into bloom, well, then it is official!!  I was on the way to meditation at NJ Spirituality but already, my heart was at peace with this beauty.  Then when we closed our eyes and journeyed to the mountaintop with our healing angel (mine identified herself as Sari), the morning was complete and I could go forth with the day!  Thanks for all of the blessings.  I do hope that you all stop and take the time to see the gifts we are given daily - and be filled with gratitude?!?!?
This cart is my road marker - it guides me on where to turn to get home.  Today it was sitting there ready for Spring and I just had to stop and gaze at the orchard surrounding it.  You can tell where the baskets of peaches come from throughout the summer?!?

To me, the setting of this house is perfection - the gazebo, the pond, the vegetation and well just the whole picture.  I was on my way home and Lindsay would be coming for our creativity time (today we were designing picture frames with seashells!  I'll put up a picture when the photos get in)  but, well, she could wait a bit while I stopped by the side of the road and gazed at the peace and stillness.  Someday I will find out who the lucky folks are who live in this environment.  Until then, I am grateful for what they have created for the rest of us as we travel on their road.  The question that comes to my mind...how many people even notice??  While I was pulled over, cars zoomed by - had they ever seen this view? Did they ever take the time to stop and gaze? I did and in it lies my stillness for the gifts we are given - I know that this is a repeat theme, but I just read an article in Shambalal Sun called about Really Seeing.  The authors have written a book called Contemplative Photography (yes, it is on its way to our house).  I remember when Bob and I attempted to offer a course at Gloucester County College called the Tao of Photography - very few interested.  Hmmmmmmmm.  Do most people want the technical aspects of taking photos so they can get 'better pictures'?!?!  Then I just "happened" to see another book - to be a travelling companion to the other - Healing with Photography.  In some ways, I have lost my essence of just going out and BEING STILL and waiting for the visions.  These books and lots of reflective practice will guide me back to center!   

No comments: