BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Monday, August 12, 2013

New Colors and New Friends - Shoes Alive!!

Sunday afternoon with perfect weather and off on an adventure with Friend Jan.  Where to go? Flea Market?  Nah - too far and too big and too hot.  Let's cross the bridge to Head House Market on 2nd Street in Philadelphia.  There was a Farmer's Market under the pavillion - just the kind of people and the kind of Farmer's Market I had in my dreams and visions last year for Uptown Pitman...different town - different people - different ways of looking at life.  This one was my dream come true.  It was better than being a kid in a candy shop.
   The car wasn't big enough and we have pretty much run out of space in the yard...otherwise this magnificent white hydrangea would have come home with me.  I loved the size of the flowers - the variations in color - maybe it was the setting where I was seeing it and my excitement about discovering a new experience - a new adventure!!  The joy - I can go back any weekend that I want.

Then there was the organic farmer from Williamstown, NJ - imagine that - just around the corner almost from our CSA.  They don't have a farmstand or sell locally, but will definitely be at this market with their unusual produce throughout the growing season.  Yes, we have tons of tomatoes in our garden, but, well...these were different and had to come home with me!!
Then as we were walking back to the car to go and explore yet another South Philadelphia neighborhood - East Passyunk Avenue, I stopped in my tracks to have a look at these shoes.  They are way too cool.  Loving the sneakers - running shoes - whatever you want to call them - and the diversity of colors with the shoes and laces - that are so out there this season.  It's more of a way for people to express who they are.  I stopped to chat with this guy - loved the blue - the striped laces - and the stripes on the shoes.  I shared all of that with him and he said, "You made my day!"  Oh - another successful conversation and affirmation - woo hoo!!  Friends - it's so easy to stop and visit and compliment and make someone feel good (NOT like the woman who stole our parking place at Wegman's later!!)  Check out his shoes - have you gotten any for yourself yet??
There's more to share about the day, but who is going to read this blog when it gets too  long??  I always talk about finding the extraordinary in the ordinary - and yesterday was no exception.   I always advise you to BE STILL and SEE - to stop and chat - and catch people doing something right - life is beautiful - also tenuous - so capture the moments!  Enjoy!!

No comments: