BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Monday, August 19, 2013

Be Impeccable With Your Words

Just as the tree is solidly grounded by its strong roots in the ground...and just as this tree finds peace by the flowing water, so am I grounded and flowing in my life.  Sounds perfect...and peaceful...sometimes it is...sometimes not, but under the surface, it...and I...and strong and solid.
Remember when you were a child and someone said something that hurt you?  What did you say??  "Sticks and stones can break my bones, but words will never hurt me!!"  Truth...or not.  Words can be hurtful!  Maybe they are meant to have good intentions, but the way they are read is open to interpretation.  Social media can NOT be a helpful way of communication.  So I had words sent to me recently and they gave me pause.  They expressed one point of view...not acceptance of different ways of being.  Just saying.
   Right away I thought of Don Miguel Ruiz and The Four Agreements.  I got out the book and reread Agreement 1: Use Your Words Impeccably.  He says that these words are simple but very powerful.  The word is a force to communicate.  One word can change a life...This also makes me think about DARE to AFFIRM: Catch Them Doing Something Right.  Do you have people in your lives that can tell you what is not appropriate about you BUT never quite take the time to say what they value and appreciate?  Just think seriously about this.  What good does it do to tell someone what they have done wrong that doesn't agree with what you think and believe?!?  Must we all behave in the same way?  Think about it.  It's a valuable lesson - Affirmations and Acceptance are so much more powerful than reprimanding that makes another feel less than ok.  Just saying!!

No comments: