BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Meaning, Passion, Purpose: FUN FUN FUN!!!




Find your Element!  Find Your Passion! Find Your Purpose!  You are so good at ___________(fill in the blank!~!) You have so much to share with the world.  Why don't you teach classes!  When will you do this?  Been thinking about this a lot...quiet times of refelction and meaning!  YES - I love to take pictures...and I love to make drums...and hear the sound of drumming...and now I have to add, I LOVE being a Nana!  So when I am encouraged to DO IT and asked, "What are you afraid of?"  I ponder...I listen to 'their voices' and I wonder.  Been doing that a lot lately as I can feel Fall in the air - Fall for me - and maybe for many of you - is a New Year - a time of transitions - some things die off and others come along to take their place.  So what can a girl do!?  Years ago, Bill and I sat down to write our goals and objectives.  The overarching goal had the "F" word right in it - FUN FUN FUN FUN.  If I can be of service, yet it doesn't bring me joy - then is it paying attention to my life's goal?  Nah - not really NO!

Just the other day, an email came to me from Alyssa Janney and Remo.  Arthur Hull - yes the Arthur Hull for those in the know - the granddaddy of drum circles will be doing a Playshop in Red Bank NEW JERSEY toward the end of September.  OMG!  What an opportunity.  Can we do this?  Is it too much money to spend for a day?  Then I think of the operative word - remember - FUN FUN FUN - and my heart does more than make a pitter patter...it is jumping with joy!!  My biggest goal is to let go of some of those niggling fears about not being good enough and get out there - and working with myself and others to discover their rhythms - has always been front and center in the picture - maybe it is even related to BE STILL - because IF you find your rhythm, then you can CHOOSE  to be still or get out in the middle of the circle and dance - to lead - or to be a follower...choices can seriously lead to FUN!!  So I have chosen to go and be with Remo and Arthur Hull.  Where will it lead?  Do I have to know?  All I know is that I can go and play and be free and have FUN - remember that word?  Will I teach others to be still and see?  I don't know...will I do training in Rhythm, Drumming and Relationships?  I don't know .  What I do know, is that I am allowing myself the gift of being still and discovering , truly understanding what brings JOY and LIGHTNESS and FUN to my life.  Hey - last night it was pizza with pepperoni, blue M and Ms and Almost Fab/Beatles Music - time with friends - FUN -
Now the ultimate friends - the ultimate realization of what life is all about - sitting peacefully and resting with the child of your child.  It is the ultimate gift and I would definitely add it to the definition of FUN!  Hey, I would probably put it at the top of the list!!  So Ken Robinson, Jack Canfield, and so many others...finding your element -discovering your passion...all valuable lessons...but for me, I have to say I have discovered my passion - and I CALL IT LIFE IN ALL OF ITS GLORY!! 

No comments: