BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Inspiration or Depletion - Choices!!


Every day a myriad of inspirational sayings comes to my inboc and sometimes, one of them causes me to pause and reflect on life as we know it.  I have been thinking about life - my time - and how I spend it - and where I choose to spend it.  Sometimes, spending it alone is preferable to spending it with someone who is challenging and exhausting to be with!  Sometimes I wonder about my own effect on people - I would think that everything is situational - how we feel - our life situation - and theirs.
   Sunday I spent time with a friend and it was fun - adventuresome - and a great exploration and sharing.  In the course of conversation thought we chatted about another in our lives who can be more on the draining side.  This person needs to have control and be right - to be in charge and can't really hear beyond what her filters allow in.  My friend and I started talking about the Four Agreements - and how everyone needs to read and practice these - how to use our words - how not to take things personally - how to do our best and how not to assume.  Sounds simple, yet I think that often the simplicity of life itself is complex.
   A few weeks ago, Bill and I traveled to the MidWest to meet the new grandbaby and then drove to Iowa to visit dear friends.  Talk about people who inspire rather than drain - this is Beth and Wil.  They have had their share of challenges in life, but have an attitude that is accepting and uplifting.  Good people to be with.  I won't go as far as to move to Iowa - but having opportunities to spend time with them is priceless.
 

No comments: