BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Perfectionism...NOT!!


"Aim for success, not perfection. Remember that fear always lurks behind perfectionism. Confronting your fears and allowing yourself the right to be human can, paradoxically, make yourself a happier and more productive person."
     How often have you been awake BEFORE the sun rises in the sky.  Months ago, I spent time with Friend Annee at her beachfront condo in Ocean City, MD.  I knew I wanted to be awake to see the sunrise on the ocean ...so my internal alarm clock woke me to this sight.  WHAT?  I always knew that the sky could be magnificent after the sun went down and the clouds lit up, but never did I realize that the same thing happened early in the day before the sun rose on the horizon!  What a gift?  When we talk about perfectionism...here it is in all of its glory!?!
    Life's journey is full of twists and turns and if we flow with them, we will float along on the gentle - or not - swells of the water and be guided in the directions we need to go.  Why am I saying this now?  It's not a new thought but lately I have been struggling toooooo hard to figure "IT" out.  What is it?  Where am I going?  Why the struggle?  I talk about BEING STILL , Seeing and Listening yet I actively engage the mind, body and spirit and forget to take the time to BE with ME - to be still, go inward and receive whatever it is I am searching for.
   Here's one way for me to do that...yes - the garden and our flowers.  Have you ever gone really up close and personal with sunflowers?  Have you seen the perfectionism...and not...at their center?  Are we really any different?  We are perfect at our core - trust and believe...and be patient!!  





No comments: