BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Details - Patterns and Perceptions

Ever since the photography exhibit opening the other night and our visit to Meadowbrook gardens, I have been reflecting on what it is about my photography that makes the process special to me!  Well...there is one answer - the process - the being - the seeing - gong out and discovering.  Then there are the little things - I know there are folks who take pictures of magnificent landscapes.  I got for the little bits and pieces that make up the whole.  I talk about going 'into the heart' and listening to the plants and flowers.  I know in my own heart that each plant has her deva and she tells me how she wants/chooses to be seen.  Some of you may resonate with these thoughts...some of you might think otherwise.  For me, what matters is staying strong in my ways of being and doing.  For too long, it was always important what others would think.  Was I dressing correctly? ( Little Friend asked me about 'proper attire' for the photo opening.  My response - wear what expresses YOU and that you are comfortable with.)  Did my hair look ok - truth and honest, I love the way it is - me- curly and natural.  I have been told it is not 'age appropriate' - hey when am I going to let those words go?!?
    Anyhow - back to my own way of photography.  I went to the bookstore yesterday and found a new magazine/book about Macro Photography.  I subscribed again to Nature Photographer and ordered the back issue with the macro article.  And truth be told, I am succumbing - just a tad - to develop some UNDERSTANDING of how the camera works (Even thinking of looking for notes from Friend Bob's course years ago with the technical chart - hey a girl just has to understand right?!?!?)
   So for me - it's in the details - and the dance of Little Light

No comments: