BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Sisterhood and the Flowers



It's not everyday that I see something on Facebook that truly captures my attention - and my heart.  Today Little Friend posted this picture from yet another site - Wild Woman Sisterhood and my heart melted.  I looked at the photo and could see myself right there in the garden.  Then I stopped to think who would be beside me - a sister from my birth   family?  A friend - or different friends who have traveled/journeyed with me at different times in my life??  I am thinking it could be any and all of the above.
   It gave me pause to think about the flowers - all related and so different as well.  It's what gives me such pleasure to recognize and acknowledge that.  Yesterday I received an email that 'labeled' me in a way that was definitely in the eyes of the person who sent the message.  I wrote back and shared about perceptions and how they are not often accurate except in our own eyes.  I won't get a response from the sender, yet I just wish that the message was heard.  I hope he recognizes that we are all as the flowers - alike yet so different and that it is our vibrancy - or quiet presence - that completes the garden...and life!!
   Friend Lillian reminded me of Don Miguel's Four Agreements - again #2 - Don't take it personally - so when I am labeled, I need to let it run off my back and not go into the usual obsessive thought mode!?!  Right?!?  Sure...still takes practice though.
   Today I will just go out with the camera and cherish the small things and the beauty in everything that I see around me. 

No comments: